Release date: 2022-06-01 Click: 419
· Use aseptic or sterile technique throughout the procedure.
· Select the flush volume appropriate for the device and the patient type.
· Check the expiry date and integrity of the product packaging.
· Confirm catheter position and patency.
· Inject the flush solution slowly and steadily to prevent catheter or vein damage.
· Never flush against resistance.
· Flush before and after each IV medication administration, blood sampling, blood transfusion, infusion of fluids.
· When IV catheter is not in use, flush at regular intervals to confirm and maintain patency.
· Ensure that the IV line is clamped before disconnecting the syringe.
· Document flushing procedure and volume used.
· Use a new syringe for each patient.